Saturday, January 9, 2010

My Testimony...

I wanted to share my Testimony with you. I think that it is important to tell others what the Lord Jesus Christ has done in our lives. I am not ashamed of my salvation and I want the world to know who I am trusting in for eternal life. I want them to know who I am going to serve and why.

So, Here it goes.

I was nineteen years old. I had been married to Joshua (My High School sweet heart) for a little over five months. I was starting cosmetology school, managing a tanning salon. I loved to dance, spend time at the beach and many other things. I was a very busy girl. However there was one thing that stuck with me, more than anything from my parents divorce. It was my Dad' faith. See I was not raised in a Christian home. I went to a mix of Catholic and Lutheran Church most of my Childhood. Until the divorce happened. I was twelve years old then. My Daddy had found a new Church his life was changed. He made sure everyone knew it. He took us to Church with him every weekend he had us. I thought he was a little off. But the people were amazing. I would not fully come to understand this until I was nineteen.

There I was nineteen and married to a United States Marine. I had moved to San Diego California. Things seemed to be going great. Don't they always right after you are married. Nevertheless, there was something missing. We both wanted to start our family young. Like we knew what we were doing. We were still young ourselves. But we were happy and that is all that mattered to us. I knew that if we were going to start a family, that we needed to get into Church. I mean you can not raise a child without Church! That is what I was thinking anyway.

Our journey began. Little did I know that a seed had been planted in my life when I was that little twelve year old girl filled with sadness from her parents divorce. We tried many Churches. But none of them felt right. I had discussed with Joshua how I wanted one that only taught from the Bible. Not one that made up or added things. And one that actually opened it while they were preaching. What a concept. We had some amazing friends from Oklahoma. One of his brothers was into taking mission trips and we had the privilege of having him as a house guest. Jamie and Chad did not have enough room in their apartment at the time. He was talking to us about Church. I had expressed how I wanted to find a good Church that only preached the Bible. That is when he told me that I needed to find a good, solid Baptist Church.

He left and life went on. I did not even know where to start looking for a Baptist Church. It was exactly a week later on a Friday night, Joshua and I were down at the Pier after dinner. And a young man (Andrew) in a suit came up to us. He was asking us if we had a Church that we went to. We told him what we were trying to find. He was supper vivacious. He seemed fun and outgoing. Being so young that immediately appealed to us. And guess what he was from a Church called "West Coast Baptist Church" in Vista California. He gave us directions, that Sunday we tried to find it, but had no luck. Weeks went by, I had changed my purse, so with that the track was lost.

Until one Sunday morning, We were getting ready for mass, and I had to switch my purse. I pulled out the track and read it. There was a phone number on the back. So, I called. Mrs. Clark answered the phone. I will never forget the joy in her voice. She told me how there was no one in the office on Sunday mornings. But for some reason she had felt lead to go in there. She gave us directions and that was the start.

We attended for a couple months. The preaching was amazing. It made me uncomfortable at times. I did not really understand why. Now I know that, that is conviction. What a disturbing feeling. The preaching was hard. See I had always thought that if you believe in God and you believe in Jesus then you must be going to Heaven. Here is where I learned that I was wrong. Through the preaching of the word I saw myself as a sinner.

One Sunday Night, September 14th, 2003, after the service Pastor asked if anyone wanted to give their testimony of Salvation. I can remember it like it was yesterday. I was sitting on the right side of the Church, in one of the center isles. Brother George, was sitting on the right side isle. He stood up and starting telling what the LORD had done in his life and how he saved him. During his testimony I was under server conviction. His story was my story. I knew beyond a shadow of a doubt that I was hell bound. There was no Heaven for me. I did not even deserve to look at Heaven. I can still remember his testimony, but I won't go into that.

I was in tears. Joshua thought I was losing it. It was raining out that night. As we walked to the truck I knew that If I died I was going to perish. That is the most awful truth you will ever come to realize in your life here on earth. Thank God that his story does not end there and that he sent his Son Jesus Christ who died and rose again, so that we might have forgiveness for our sins and eternal life. Praise the LORD!!!

I remember thinking the whole way home. Please don't crash I am going off to a life in eternal Hell. We got home, I ran upstairs, locked my self in the bathroom and got on my knees... Before a Holy and mighty God whom I had sinned against. That night I do not remember exactly what I prayed. I do remember being in there for around an hour and a half to two hours just praying and crying out to God. I asked the LORD to forgive me for being a sinner and to save and to allow me to live a life fully devoted to him. I do not remember much else but a lot of thanking...

That is where my new life began. I was a new creature in Christ. Immediately I was a new person. Ask my husband. He knew too... All I wanted was to be around God's people. I wanted to be Church all the time. I started taking a few classes at the Bible Institute that our Church had to offer. I have never looked back. I have no desire to live the old life. Thankfully, by God's grace Joshua was saved on February 15th 2004.

The next day we found out that I was pregnant with our first Daughter.

Please know Christ came for you also. He came to seek and to save that which is lost. That is everyone of us. None of us are good enough or have done enough to merit heaven. Salvation is simple, a gift, but must be accepted. But so many people choose to say no to the free gift. Please do not let that be you. My prayer for you in this new year is that you will taste and see the goodness of my LORD... For My God is REAL....

For those of you who are saved. Never forget your testimony and where Christ has brought you. And always remember how important it is to those around you. Stand tall for the LORD. He did for you...

Because of Him,
Brittany

3 comments:

  1. Such an amazing testimony, Brittany!! I absolutely love hearing how people come to know christ as their savior!!! :) Thank you so much for sharing :)
    Wendi Manning

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too have a similar testimony, but nothing more of a blessing than to know that you all went to the same church in Vista that I attended before being discharged. The men had pleaded with me to stay, as I was not yet saved and I was trusting in a false profession. Unfortanely I left, but I later came to a saving knowledge of Christ after moving to Dickinson, ND with Darcy, my wife. You have a wonderful testimony. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another wonderful testimony! I love to hear them as they always take me back to my own and the supernatural revelation of His truth. When we truly desire the truth, we seek it out. God reward our desire to know Him - as promised! Understanding the Truth of our sin and God's great plan brings that overwhelming repentance and praising thanks that you so clearly talk about. Thanks!

    -Dan Bryant

    ReplyDelete