Monday, January 25, 2010

Family...


I am so thankful that back in the Garden of Eden, the LORD instituted the family. I know that in our families we all have certain issues. There are disagreements, disappointments, and differences. But more than not there always seems to be this over ridding of Love.


This weekend we went to the Twin Cities for my Mother in Laws wedding. My brother in law and his girlfriend flew in from San Diego as did my sister in law and her husband and my other brother in law and his family came from Mankato. When family lives so far away you really cherish the time that you have together. No matter what the differences are you always seem to make the best of it.


We were also blessed to see Joshua's family from his Dads side. They had not seen each other in about 5 years and before that it was 10. It was such a blessing to get with them and catch up. I realized something that I am so guilty of. I let the little things get to me and I should not. I seem to take my days for granted and this I should not do. For who knows what will happen on the morrow. Our life is only a vapor. The Bible says it appereth for a little while and then vanisheth away. I need to spend more time trying to cultivate a better relationship with those in my family that are lost and do not know the Lord Jesus as their personal savior. Fortunately Josh's Aunts and Uncles on his Fathers side do. Praise the LORD. I know that the LORD intended for us to come together in marriage. His family had been praying for him and My Dad for me. I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that the LORD brought us together and worked in our lives in a mighty way before he even brought us to a saving knowledge of himself.


As we were driving home and got closer to Fargo last night I was thinking. The weather was a little iffy, with a blizzard suppose to be coming through at any moment and we were trying to beat it. If something happen to our family what would people remember. Did I reach out enough in the little time that God had allowed me to have with our them. The devil is ever fighting in times like these. Our kids were a little naughtier than usual. They were not quiet as obedient or respectful as they usually are. I know my focus was taken off of the eternal things and focused on the here and now. But did I use that as an opportunity to show them the love of my saviour, or did they see an angry un happy family that says they love the LORD but have no joy?


I would like to think that with all things considered we handled it pretty well. I know there are many things that I could have done differently. However I can not go back and change it now. I have learned though that I need to be a lot more prayed up and make sure that I cam completely given to the LORD before another event like this comes along.


I love my extended family. But I especially love my immediate. When I look at my three children through God's eyes. I see them so different. I see them as this priceless little eternal soul that will some day reach the age of accountability and have to decide who they want to lead their life. When I think of this it scares me to death. This is when I realize that without God's amazing power I will never be able to do the job he has given me. For I know that daily I have triumpths and failures as a parent. Some days I feel that I only fail. I heard Evangelist Jack Palmer say once, "You know that you are doing something right with your Children before God when you see your self as a failure, only then can we stand back and see how much help we need from the mighty God of heaven to raise our children in the nurture and admonishing of the LORD." I know how true this is.


I am so blessed by the family that I have been given Not only extended and immediate but also our Christian family. I praise the LORD for them daily. I hope that you can find many things to be thankful for in your families. That we will over look all of our short comings and that we will see each other as Muire human beings that need all the grace that can be given by our LORD.

Just a thought I wanted to share. Hope your week starts off well.


In Him,

Brittany

No comments:

Post a Comment