Tuesday, December 10, 2013

My Quiet Time Alone

John 20:1-18
I was so excited this morning when I read this passage.  It is all to familiar to the Christian :( it is so easy to read over and have the attitude of "I know this story"
Sad... Yes... But often true in my life anyway.
I was thrilled because in Proverbs 31 we are charged with some amazing tasks as wives and mothers and just as ladies in general.  One that has always stuck out to me is she was a successful lady because she rose early.  She was awake in the wee hours of the morning!  In John 20:1 Mary was up and at em' early.  It was yet dark.  Hmm.  I see a pattern here :)  also I noticed her faith!  She rose early and she acted on what she had been taught.  I find it so eye opening that out of all the disciples and people Jesus taught, of what would come to pass the only one at the tomb this early Sunday morning was a sweet woman who had been forgiven of her sins.  She obviously believed what Jesus taught and wanted to be there right away.  She was also the first to see Him after he rose from the grave!  Amen ladies...  Jesus rewarded her faith.  She had a special meeting with Him, one on one early that morning!  I was so encouraged by this thought.  In my quiet time I get to meet with Jesus one on one.  Early in the morning while it is yet dark!  I exercise my faith in what He has taught through His Holy Word!  And I too shall be rewarded :)  Do not neglect your walk with the one who has forgiven you and redeemed you by his precious blood...  I often have wondered when reading this passage, was Jesus just waiting to see who would show up first?  After all, He told them what would happen.  He is waiting for us each and every morning.  He wants to fill our cups so that we may be able to show Him forth through out our day to our families and others that are watching!
One last thing I noticed, she stayed until she got something!  When she ran to tell the others that Jesus was missing, the others came...  They saw he was gone and the scripture says they all went home.  Yet there she stood weeping.  Then Jesus showed himself to her.  She waited and she met with the Lord!  Do not leave to early!  Wait he has something just for you today :)
I love the Bible!
Happy Tuesday Ladies,
Brittany

2 comments:

  1. Thank you Brittany. Once again, exactly the encouragment i needed on this day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Ms.Misty! I miss you sooooo much. Yet I know God has moved us for a reason. Trusting Him, Brittany

    ReplyDelete