Wednesday, October 27, 2010

What do you base your beauty on???


Hello fellow sisters,

It has been a while. I recently just returned from an amazing woman's conference. I was so encouraged and was touched by the LORD. I saw his hand in a mighty way and for this I am greatly appreciative.


I was compelled to write to you on beauty. What do you base your beauty on? As a Christian woman we are told to search our spirit and that beauty is on the inside. This is true. However I am a firm believer that if the inside is right then the outside will naturally follow.


So many times we hold ourselves up to the worlds standards. When really we should hold ourselves up to our Lord and Saviour and see what he has to say. If I were to ask you if you could change one thing about your self what would you say. I have to say the first thing that comes to my mind is that I would loose just a little more weight. Chances are you are thinking of something that has to do with your appearance also.


The Bible says in Psalm 139:14 "I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well." However you look, thank God for it. You are fearfully and wonderfully made.


My commitment is to focus on one thing that I can change on the inside. Sure I could loose a little more weight. But more importantly I can always use a little more strengthening in my walk with God. I have two precious little girls whom I want to teach to Love the Lord with all of their heart and all of their mind. I want them to learn by my example. I want them to see that when you have a close unwavering walk with the LORD then that you will naturally have an amazing spirit that will run over to the outward man.


I love makeup and jewelry and all of the things that most ladies love =) However I do not want to be remembered for hair, makeup and jewelry. I want to be remembered as a woman who feared the Lord and loved him with all of her heart, who wanted to bring others to know Christ more. Now think back to what you said you would change and stop for a moment and think "what would you like to be remembered by?"


Do the two line up?


Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I am sure that you have all heard that before. If you are created by an almighty God and look different than the girl sitting next to you in church on Sunday morning, praise God for it. You are special in his sight and there in none other like you. He carefully chose your eye color, your hair color and how tall you would be and he hand picked your strengths and your weaknesses. There is none other like you!!!


I like to think beauty is as beauty does. Do not compare yourself to others and do not compete with the way that another lady looks. Adorn yourself with the fruit of the spirit and let the outward man follow. All the fun stuff is great, just a little extra to our package. Yet should not be our only focus. Make sure that you are not solely relying on these to feel beautiful or measure your worth. You mean much more to God then some paint and hairspray!!!


I often think of Sarah and how even the lost men looked upon her and thought of how beautiful she was. So much that Abraham had her lie and say that she was his sister, for he feared his life would be taken if they knew that she was his wife. This means that she was amazingly beautiful. She was a Godly woman whose spirit flowed from her inner being to her outward appearance. I have heard from young christian ladies who struggle with the thoughts of "is it OK" to look pretty and be a christian. I must be honest after I was saved I had some of the same struggles. Yet, as I have grown in the Lord I am so encouraged by his creation. He made the beautiful blue sky with bright white clouds, a golden sun and the richest green color for our grass. He is beautiful. He is lovely. and there is no blandness to our creator. I have tried to embrace this in my life. I am part of God's creation as are you. We do not need to be a cookie cutter christian. God made you special as an individual and he needs who you are to fulfill his divine purpose.


I hope this is an encouragement to you... Just remember you are fearfully and wonderfully made by the creator of the universe. There is beauty in every single part of his creation and you my sister are no different =)


In Christ,

Brittany

No comments:

Post a Comment