Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Are you sleepy yet???

Being a wife and mother is the most rewarding job in the world. I would not trade it for anything. As I write this it is ten o' clock at night. Joshua is out of town for three days on business and we have vacation Bible school this week where I am teaching a fours and fives class. I love it. This is one of my favorite weeks of the summer. But by the end of the night I am so tired.

The LORD has blessed our Church's VBS so far this year. And my class size is about double what it was last year. Yet at times I catch my self thinking of all the other children out there that are not there. How sad it is to me that there are sweet little innocent children growing up with out no knowledge of Christ. I am so thankful for my salvation and the fact that God saw me and that he made my heart tender to His calling.

What a great and mighty God we serve . As I sit here about to fall over I am overwhelmed with thankfulness. I could be so tired and weak but that the Lord will and always does carry me through. In the good and in the bad. Through the storms and in the peaceful sunshine.

Often times our burdens seem to hold us down, we fret and worry over things that we have no control over any way. Give it to the Lord. Take it to Him in prayer. Know that we will have all the rest we could ever dream of in Glory. Live the life that God has given you every day as a new life from our gracious Lord. For we never know what tomorrow holds. Each breath, each rain, each snowflake, each kiss, each hug, and each hello are all a gift from God.

As I saw the little children all around tonight, so full of youth and joy. I could not stop thinking t of how blesses I have been. When you look in a Child's eyes there is something so special. I believe the Lord has placed that sweet innocents for us to remember what life really is. That we have nothing to fear when we are saved and in Christ's loving arms.

What a blessing it is to tell those little ones of our saviour whom bled and died on the cross and rose again for our sins. Some of them have never heard that. And what it made me remember more then ever is that there are many parents who used to be little children who never heard it either and now they are grown and we may not see them as beautiful as the sweet angles standing in front of us.

So no matter how tired you may get, no matter how long you think that you have trod. And no matter how many times they have said no, remember they still need the Lord and your rest awaits you on the other side of Jordan.

Just a little thought,
Good Night,
Brittany

No comments:

Post a Comment